MyPolokwane.com is a website with a free business directory promoting businesses in Polokwane.
It has a business directory with 4000 listed businesses. Each business in the directory has its own page/mini website. Use the search bar (top left) to find the business you are looking for.
For further promotion of the businesses we use social media platforms to reach the widest possible audience.
Businesses can use their directory entry (page/mini website) free by entering their information. MyPolokwane offers advertisements on the website with accompanying statistics of click-throughs.
We also create and manage social media campaigns on behalf of companies.
In addition to the social media campaigns we build new keyword and search engine optimized websites that range from a basic template-based website to tailormade websites for large corporations.
Please contact us if you can benefit from a one-hour course in the use of Social Media in your business. At present this is a free service. Should a company wish to run its own social media campaign, we offer a 5-hour social media workshop after which the company's employees will be set up and able to run a social media campaign on behalf of the company.
How to use MyPolokwane.com
- When you visit www.MyPolokwane.com the first time, please register (see top right).
- To list your own business, click on “register your own business” (dark grey bar below the masthead of MyPolokwane.com).
- Enter your company's name in the tab below the heading “Company/Organisation name”.
- Enter below the heading “Description” a short description of the purpose of your business.
- Categorize your company.
- NB: In the bar for “tags”, put in descriptions of products, words and names that your business will be searched for on search engines such as google, yahoo, etc, eg. Polokwane, accommodation, guest house, etc.
- Enter telephone number, e-mail address and address in the tabs provided.
- Website title eg. MyPolokwane.com and Website URL eg. www.MyPolokwane.com.
- Select number of employees.
- Save and your business is listed.
- You can create a comment on your business page and the comment will show on MyPolokwane.com's home page under recent comments (right beneath the ads). This gives you the opportunity to promote your own business, products, services or specials free.
- See the calender on MyPolokwane.com's home page for upcoming events. Businesses can use the calender to enter their own public events by entering it on the calender or contact us to enter it for them.
- You can leave comments on an existing group's comment section and this will show on the front page of MyPolokwane.com.
- Invite all your friends. See the “send invite” button on MyPolokwane.com's home page, left.
- This website is the property of the community and the business directory is the property of all Polokwane's businesses. Please use it for your own benefit.
About us :
Content and Community Manager of MyPolokwane.com and others to come
Software Engineer and Webmaster of MyPolokwane.com
MyPolokwane.com was established by Nico Prinsloo and his son Michael Prinsloo who came to Polokwane in 2001. Nico was the Sports Editor of Northern Review and in 2003 became the Group Editor for the four papers of NMGroup in Polokwane. Michael was contracted by NMGroup as Webmaster for their website.
Nico, being a very creative person, understood the internet and its social media potential and in 2008 established MyPolokwane.com with Michael, who inherited his father's creativity and who has a thorough understanding of computer programming, the open source movement and the Internet in general.
Both father and son are workaholics and they don't mind working day and night.To break for a meal or sleep is only something they have to do.
When you see Nico in the street, at parties or elsewhere, remember he is busy working because he always makes his play his work.
When you see Michael playing pool and enjoying himself at a club, remember, he was forced by his concerned parents to do something else but write code.
Together they are busy creating a community for Polokwane that will find application in communities far outside the city.